The final 2021 Ducati World Premiere web episode showcased the all-new 2021 Ducati Monster, a bike that represents the Italian premium bike manufacturer’s lightest and most compact form with a touch of heritage in the mix.
Going back to its roots when the first Monster was launched back in 1993, the 2021 Ducati Monster is now sportier than ever thanks to its superbike-derived frame. Its engine is now an integral stress member of the chassis which is directly connected to its front frame and rear tail, just like the Panigale V4.
Compared to the previous 821, the new Monster is a whopping 18kg lighter thanks to this new setup (166kg dry, the same weight as a fully fuelled Yamaha YZF-R25). A part of that new weight loss regime consists of a new 937cc engine which is bigger and more powerful than the 821, but 2.4kg lighter.
The 937cc twin-cylinder Desmodromic Testastretta 11° engine is tuned to produce 111hp at 9,250rpm and 93Nm torque at 6,500rpm. That’s an extra 3hp and 7Nm more on a bike that’s considerably lighter. This also means that the new 2021 Monster has a much better power-to-weight ratio.
In terms of design, the new Monster is now more compact and narrower on the sides that makes it easier to ride and place your foot on the ground for easier handling. Other specs include:
- 43mm USD front fork
- Preload adjustable monoshock + double-sided swingarm
- 17-inch alloy wheels + Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres
- Front twin 320mm disc brakes + Brembo M4.32 monobloc 4-piston calipers
- Rear single 245mm disc + Brembo 2-piston floating caliper
- 4.3-inch TFT display
- 820mm seat height (optional 800mm seat height available)
- Cornering ABS, riding modes, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control
- Ducati Quick Shift, Ducati Power Launch, dynamic turn indicator + more
There’s also the 2021 Ducati Monster +, which is essentially similar to the base Monster with the addition of a flyscreen and passenger seat cover. Customers can choose between three base colours as well as a number of cover and sticker kits for that ‘custom’ look.