Another motorcyclist suffered a horrendous fate due to loose clothing.
A nurse wore her jacket backwards and it was tangled in the rear wheel.
She was saved by passersby who untangled her neck and administered CPR.
Despite countless accidents, there are still motorcyclists who choose to wear clothing too lose, or especially in this case, ride with the reversed jacket (turned backward).
We know, riding in this weather can get hot and wearing the jacket backwards with the zipper open allows for some cool air flow.
But stop and think about your actions as what happened here.
Caught in by the dashcam in a following car, the rider suddenly skidded out and hit the road.
But it was more serious than that. The nurse’s backward jacket was pulled into the bike’s rear wheel, which then wrapped around her throat and yanked her head downwards to the ground.
Passersby who stopped to help found her unconscious as the jacket was choking her. They worked furiously to untangle the jacket and performed CPR while waiting for the ambulance to arrive.
She is currently recovering.
In January this year, child had his wedged between the rear wheel and shock absorber when his loose jacket was picked up by the wheel. That was just six months after the country was shocked in June 2018 when a 5-year-old lost her arm. Another occurrence in July saw a 7-year-old who lost her leg . Go back a little further and you’ll find a 35-year-old man and his 65-year-old father crashed the motorcycle they were riding on. The former passed away.
These were all cases of loss of limb and life due to loose clothing.
Please stop wearing your jacket backwards and take extra precautions when you or your pillion is wearing loose clothing.