HJC Helmet Malaysia has also brought in some limited edition 2017 HJC RPHA 11 Monster Energy helmet series into the Malaysian market.
The Monster Energy series is the first ever official helmet collaboration with the energy drink brand and the designs came from the very famous helmet designer, Drudi Performance.
There are only a limited number of units in Malaysia and each of the HJC Monster Energy series is priced at RM2,429.
Along with the special HJC RPHA 11 Star Wars limited edition helmets, HJC Helmet Malaysia also brought in a pair of very special helmets to add to their every growing collection of top of the line full face helmets. For the first time ever, HJC has collaborated with Monster Energy to come up with their official HJC RPHA 11 Monster Energy series.
The pair of specially-designed helmets with the Monster Energy decals targeted to motoring enthusiasts around the world with the fondness for great racing and arguably one of the most associated energy drink brands associated to the high octane world of motorsports.
There are two different versions available; the HJC RPHA 11 Monster Energy Military Camo and HJC RPHA 11 Monster Energy Military White Sand. These two liveries are not just any design taken from the Monster Energy universe. In fact, the designs came from a very, VERY well-known helmet designer, Drudi Performance.
Those who are involved in any sort of way when it comes to MotoGP should know that Drudi Performance is the main force behind all of the helmet designs for one nine-time MotoGP World Champion, Valentino Rossi. Drudi is the only person entrusted to design all of Rossi’s helmets and these HJC RPHA 11 Monster Energy lids are on a league of their own.
The Military Camo comes with the iconic Monster Energy logo. The combination of the green with matte black finish on top of the dark camouflage design brings out the racer in you every time you put on the helmet.
All in all, the RPHA 11 only weighs a light 1,400grams. With a helmet this light plus all of the performance enhancements from the previous generation RPHA 10, you can never go wrong with the new RPHA 11. Some might say that the matte colour is a bit difficult in terms of cleanliness maintenance but HJC again has got you covered with the RPHA 11 Monster Energy Military White Sand livery.
The Military White Sand colourway comes in the gloss finish which makes it slightly easier to wipe clean after a those long days of riding. The design also reminded of the time when Ben Spies was racing with the MotoGP Yamaha factory squads and that alone is enticing enough for us to really consider getting one for ourselves in the very near future.
If you feel that the RPHA 10 is a great value for money package for sport bikes and track day goers, the RPHA 11 is one an entire new level with better aerodynamics, ventilation, design and other criteria as stated below:
- Advanced P.I.M. Plus (Premium Integrated Matrix Plus) Fibreglass aerodynamic shell structure for extreme performance at maximum speeds
- Fibreglass composite shell made from a blend of carbon fibre, fibreglass, and aramid to create a unique woven blend that is both strong and noticeably lighter
- Wider eye port provides better peripheral vision for riders
- Optimized shell design for air flow ventilation system
- Max airflow top vent six-stage variable airflow is adjusted by glove-friendly dials on each intake vent
- ACS Advanced Channelling Ventilation System full front-to-back airflow flushes heat and humidity out of the interior
- MultiCool Interior advanced anti-bacteria fabric provides enhanced moisture wicking and quicker drying function than previous generation
- Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
- Eye glasses and sun glasses friendly EPS shape
- Rapidfire II Shield Replacement System is a simple and secure shield ratchet system that provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation
- RPHA 11 Pro cheek pads are interchangeable throughout all shell sizes
- Pin-Prepared HJ-26 Shield is optically superior 2D face shield and provides 95% UV protection
- Centre one-touch open/close locking system is a superior automatic shield locking system with spring-controlled lever
- Enhanced shield dual lock system for high speed racing conditions
- Emergency cheek pads for safe and quick rescue in an emergency situation
- Built-in communication speaker pockets
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- Includes both clear and dark smoke shields and anti-fog insert lens
- DOT and ECE approved (Note: Only ECE approved helmets are allowed to be imported into Malaysia)
The HJC RPHA 11 Monster Energy series is priced at RM2,429. Only a limited number has been brought into the Malaysian market and if you’re interested to get one of your very own, head on over the [button color=”” size=”” type=”square_outlined” target=”blank” link=”https://www.facebook.com/HJC-Helmet-Malaysia-249864638393234/”]HJC Helmet Malaysia Facebook page[/button] for more details.
You can also opt to visit any of their authorised dealers across the country to check them out for yourselves. Do take note that since both these helmets are very limited in numbers, not all HJC authorised dealers in Malaysia will have them in stock.