Since its debut in 2013 alongside its siblings, the CB500F and CBR500R, the Honda CB500X has been quietly establishing itself as a competent and adaptable motorcycle for a diverse range of riders. The CB500X effortlessly transitions from short-hop commuting to weekend touring, thanks to its perky twin-cylinder engine, comfortable chassis, and distinctive adventure styling.
Evolution Over the Years:
Over the years, the CB500X has seen several upgrades, each enhancing its capabilities. In 2016, a first upgrade brought a larger fuel tank, improved wind protection, and adjustable components. The 2019 evolution introduced more sophisticated adventure styling, enhanced engine performance, and various chassis upgrades. The 2022 version incorporated high-quality Showa forks, dual front discs, a lightweight swingarm, and a redesigned front wheel.
Introducing the NX500:
For the 2024, Honda is maintaining the essence of the beloved CB500X while introducing a new name – the NX500. This model continues to build on its predecessors’ success with aggressively redesigned styling, premium technology, and a host of detailed upgrades aimed at capturing the hearts and minds of all riders.
The NX500 brings back the historic “NX” designation from Honda, known for the single-cylinder NX650 Dominator. The “NX” in NX500 stands for ‘New X-over,’ reflecting its ability to excel on both roads and off-road trails. The latest model boasts an impressive update to its adventure styling, lighter wheels, and improved suspension settings for enhanced ride quality.
Styling & Equipment:
- The NX500 features a sharp new adventure style that incorporates aerodynamics for improved stability at speed.
- A new LED headlight and taillight enhance visibility, especially during night riding and cornering.
- The 5-inch full-color TFT screen offers Honda RoadSync connectivity for turn-by-turn navigation and smartphone integration.
- The left-hand switchgear is simplified, easy to use, and backlit for night-time visibility.
- Equipped with 41mm Showa Separate Function Fork Big Piston (SFF-BP) USD forks and a rear shock with fine-tuned settings.
- New, lighter weight cast aluminum wheels contribute to improved handling.
- Dual 296mm front discs and Nissin axial mount two-piston calipers provide robust braking performance.
- New PGM-FI settings improve low-rpm acceleration and overall power delivery across the rev-range.
- The assist/slipper clutch ensures smooth upshifts and manages rear wheel stability during downshifts.
- 471cc, twin-cylinder making 47hp and 43nm of torque
- 6-speed transmission with slipper clutch
The 2024 NX500 will be available in Grand Prix Red, Matt Gunpowder Black Metallic, and Pearl Horizon White.
The Honda NX500 continues the legacy of its predecessors, blending versatility and adventure in a stylish package. With its aggressive design, premium technology, and thoughtful upgrades, the NX500 is poised to leave a lasting impression on riders seeking a reliable and dynamic crossover adventure motorcycle.
With a 17.5-litre tank and a fuel consumption of 27.8km per litre, the NX500 promises never ending adventures.