MSS Bikes 2014 season finale report and season round up.
The Malaysian Super Series or MSS Bikes season for 2014 came to a climactic close last weekend in the Sepang International Circuit.
The action-packed weekend saw several titles being clinched simultaneously by some of the best local riding talents who have competed in the series all-year long. The saddest part however was the conclusion of the SIC Ninja 250 Cup series marking its last race ever. The popular spec-race programme is being retired next year.
Winning the last SIC Ninja 250 Cup title was rider Mohd Fairuz Nasir after collecting a total of 185 points from this season’s six races. Second in the standings is Mohd Aziq Jumaili who collected a total of 123 points whilst Suhaizarul Suhaizat was ranked third overall with 118 points collected.
Four races were held throughout the weekend. Here are the podium finishes for each race:
1. Mohd Aziq Jumali 22:06.577
2. Mohd Fairuz Nasir 22:06.624,
3. Ahmad Idham Khairuddin 22:07.156.
1. Ahmad Idham Khairuddin 22:06.608
2. Mohd Fairuz Nasir 22:06.802
3. Noor Edrin Ezurin Noor Asmara 22:09.129.
1. Tengku Syahmi Tuan Yusoff 13:57.952
2. Saiful Izman A. Zamani 13:58.096
3. Mohd Aziq Jumali 13:59.445.
1. Mohd Fairuz Nasir 19:21.941
2. Mohd Aziq Jumali 19:22.223
3. Mohd Zulhilmi Yazid 19:22.374
Next to the SIC Ninja 250 Cup, the weekend also sae the MGP3 race category held on Sepang’s black top. Six races were held in total, but the weekend’s highlight was the crowning of its champions. Taking the top spot in the standings is Malaysian Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup rider Mohd Helmi Azman after collecting a total of 164 points throughout the season.
Ranked second was fellow Asia Talent Cup racer Fakhrusy Rostam with his total of 145 points. Rider Khairul Idham Pawi claimed third overall in the standings, having collected the same 145 points in total as Fakhrusy. The weekend proved to be the best one yet for Idham as he took victory in all but one of the category’s six races held throughout the weekend.
Here is the MGP3’s podium rostrum for the entire weekend:
1. Khairul Idham Pawi (Honda) 18:52.927
2. Kaito Sekino (Honda) 19:01.942
3. Fakhrusy Syakirin Rostam (Honda) 19:25.395.
1. Fakhrusy Syakirin Rostam (Honda) 19:03.458
2. Khairul Idham Pawi (Honda) 19:03.674
3. Kaito Sekino (Honda) 19:07.484.
1. Khairul Idham Pawi (Honda) 18:44.983
2. Fakhrusy Syakirin Rostam (Honda) 18.51.2153
3. Kaito Sekino (Honda) 18:51.788.
1. Khairul Idham Pawi (Honda) 18:43.938
2. Kaito Sekino (Honda) 18:51.146
3. Fakhrusy Syakirin Rostam (Honda) 18:51.359.
1. Khairul Idham Pawi (Honda) 18:43.424
2. Kaito Sekino (Honda) 18:57.234
3. Fakhrusy Syakirin Rostam (Honda) 18:59.611.
1. Khairul Idham Pawi (Honda) 21:19.876
2. Kaito Sekino (Honda) 21:42.654
3. Mohd Ibrahim Norrodin (Honda) 21:47.647.
Next on the weekend’s agenda were the Superbike, Supersport, and Superstock racing categories. Two races were held over the weekend for the Superbike and Suersport categories whilst the Superstock event saw just one race.
In the Superbike category, Race 1 was won by Mohd Zamri Baba, followed by Zaqhwan Zaidi in second, and Steve Martin in third. Race 2, on the other hand, saw Zaqhwan taking the win, keeping Zamri in second, whilst Mohd Syahnas Shahidan finished third.
More importantly, the weekend saw 19-year-old Honda rider Zaqwhan clinching the 2014 title after collecting 175 points in total. Second in the standings was claimed by BMW rider Mohd Syahnas Shahidan who collected a total of 162 points this season. Third overall was claimed by Kawasaki rider Steve Martin with its season’s total points haul of 149 points.
1.Mohd Zamri Baba (Honda) 22:20.041
2 Mohd Zaqhwan Zaidi (Honda) 22:21.013
3 Steve Martin (Kawasaki) 22:36.863.
1 Mohd Zaqhwan Zaidi (Honda) 13:23.036
2 Mohd Zamri Baba (Honda) 13:23.519
3 Mohd Syahnas Shahidan 13:24.523.
1. Mohd Zaqhwan Zaidi (Honda) 171 pts
2. Mohd Syahnas Shahidan (BMW) 162
3. Steve Martin (Kawasaki) 149
4. Mohd Zamri Baba (Honda) 145
5. Luca Cassoni (BMW) 109
The Superstock category, on the other hand, saw Kawasaki rider Mohd Farid Badrul Hisham taking victory in Race 1 whilst another Kawasaki rider, Hazlanshah Mohd Noor, took top honours in Race 2.
The category ended its weekend with Farid being cronwed as champion after successfully collecting 226 points this season. Hazlanshah was ranked second with his season’s total of 188 points. Yamaha rider Ahmad Afif Amran ranked third overall in the standings with his total of 138 points.
Supersport category results:
1. Mohd Farid Badrul Hisham (Kawasaki) 22:37.098
2. Hazlanshah Mohd Noor (Kawasaki) 22:40.942
3. Ahmad Afif Amran (Yamaha) 22:43.495.
1. Hazlanshah Mohd Noor (Kawasaki) 22:31.090
2. Mohd Farid Badrul Hisham (Kawasaki) 22:37.083
3. Ahmad Afif Amran (Yamaha) 22:37.532
1. Mohd Farid Badrul Hisham (Kawasaki) 226 pts
2. Hazlanshah Mohd Noor (Kawasaki) 188
3. Ahmad Afif Amran (Yamaha) 138
4. Mohd Emir Firdaus (Kawasaki) 129
5. Khurana Dhinaraj Tan (Honda) 121
Finally, Steve Martin won the Superstock category race for the weekend. Also a competitor in the premier Superbike, Steve also took the category’s overall title after collecting 190 points in total this season.
Riders Nils Uchida Zakariassen and Mohd Azrul Shah Talip completed the podium in second and third respectively in the weekend’s lone Superstock race.
1. Nizam Fairuz Hassan (Honda) 25:30.459
2. Nils Uchida Zakariassen (Kawasaki) 25:44.467
3. Mohd Azrul Shah Talip 25:52.240
1: Steve Martin (Kawasaki) 190 pts
2. Nils Uchida Zakariassen (Kawasaki) 164
3. Nizam Fairuz Hassan (Honda) 144
More information, as well as complete results can be obtained from the Sepang International Circuit’s official website and dedicated MSS Portal.