Shortly after taking home the prestigious iF Design Award, the beautiful Yamaha Ténéré 700 got hold of another prized recognition in the form of the Red Dot Award. The awards for the best product designs went to the Yamaha adventure touring bike as well as another surprise product, a Yamaha drone called the YMR-08.
Truth be told, the world of adventure touring is popping off all around the globe and the Yamaha Ténéré 700 sits comfortably in between beautiful form and practical function. Designed to have that simplistic look, the Ténéré 700 is packed with state-of-the-art riding technology that propels itself to be a contender in off-road riding.
The US market has priced this beauty with a very competitive price tag of $9,999 which is right under the RM45,000 mark. This makes its one very affordable middleweight adventure bike with a 689cc crossplane crankshaft parallel-twin engine that punches out a respectable 72hp and 68Nm of maximum torque.
Other notable specs of the Yamaha Ténéré 700 are:
- Lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
- Slim, compact and ergonomic body & seat
- Aggressive rally-bred face + four LED headlights
- Adjustable long-travel 43mm USD front forks
- Remotely adjustable rear suspension
- Rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
- 21-inch/18-inch spoked wheels + adventure tyres
- Ergonomic 16-litre fuel tank
- Compact rally-style multi-function instruments
- Switchable ABS
We sure hope that Hong Leong Yamaha Motor (HLYM) can do us Malaysians a solid and bring this baby over to our shores. The adventure riding market is growing at a respectable pace and if they catch that wind just right, sales will be through the roof, IF it’s competitively priced that is.