The TVS Apache RTR200 4V RACE Edition 2.0 and TVS Neo X3i are the new entrants to the Malaysian motorcycle market.
TVS Motor Company Ltd. is the third largest two-wheel manufacturer in India.
BMW Motorrad and TVS developed the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS.
The TVS Apache RTR200 4V RACE Edition 2.0 and TVS Neo X3i launched today mark a new entrant in the Malaysian motorcycles industry.
TVS motorycles are distributyed by Daju Motors Sdn. Bhd. Both bikes were assembled in Indonesia for the Southeast Asian market, but they will soon be assembled locally in Malaysia.
TVS APACHE RTR200 4V RACE EDITION 2.0 (Priced from RM 10,950)
TVS pushes this model as a lightweight performance motorcycle. The manufacturer claims that it can accelerate from 0-60 km/h in a commendable 3.9 seconds.
- Oil-cooled, 198cc, single-cylinder, race-derived O3C engine.
- The engine produces 20.7 bhp at 8,500 RPM and 18.1 Nm of torque at 7,000 RPM.
- Racing inspired split cradle chassis.
- Race-tuned KYB monoshock.
- A-RT Slipper Clutch. TVS calls it the first Anti-Reverse Torque Slipper Clutch in this category.
- Dual-barrel exhaust.
- Full-LCD instrument cluster.
- LED front position lights.
- Telescopic forks with dual control-valves.
The 20.7 bhp power output is on the high side for a 200cc single-cylinder motorcycle. It should make for a spirited ride since the motorcycle only weighs 141kg, dry.
TVS NEO X3I (Price to be released soon)
The Neo X3i is TVS’s entrant in the moped category where simplicity in maintenance is the important factor. However, the Neo X3i has a few good features that makes it stand out from the crowd.
- Air-cooled, 109.7cc, SOHC, single-cylinder Neo XR 110cc Power Engine.
- A digital ignition mapping takes care of fuel delivery and combustion.
- It produces 8.5 bhp at 8,000 RPM and 8.5 NM of torque at a low 4,500 RPM.
- The 3,500 RPM spread between maximum torque and horsepower ought to make the engine more “flexible,” requiring less gear shifting.
- The throttle includes a position sensor.
- Large, body mounted headlamp.
- iEcono indicator to help rider save fuel.
- iCharge charging port for electronic devices.
WHO ARE TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD.
TVS Motor Company Ltd. is the third largest two-wheel manufacturer in India. The factory has the capability of producing 4 million 2-wheelers and 120,000 3-wheelers annually.
The TVS name first shot into the limelight through a joint-venture BMW Motorrad to produce the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS.
TVS Group has concerns in other industries such as automotive, aviation, education, electronics, energy, finance, housing, insurance, investment, logistics, service and textiles.