Suzuki Italia had teased with a carbon-clad GSX-R1000.
The bike is officially known as the Suzuki GSX-R1000 Ryuyo and only 20 will be built.
More information will be available at its official launch during EICMA 2018.
(All photos by Suzuki Italia)
We published a report of Suzuki Italia posting a teaser pictures of a carbon-fibre-clad GSX-R1000 earlier this month. They have now unveiled the bike, known as the Suzuki GSX-R1000 Ryuyo.
It is definitely a race-ready special edition GSX-R1000, unfortunately it is not the official WSBK homologation special that we had hoped for. Still, the Ryuyo is one sexy machine!
The name “Ryuyo” is a tribute to Suzuki’s Ryuyo R&D centre which develops all of the manufacturer’s new models. Only 20 Ryuyo-spec GSX-R1000 will be built and sold at €29,990 (RM 144,935.88 as this went to press).
According to its spec sheet, the Gixxer Ryuyo makes 209bhp at 12,900 RPM and 119Nm of torque at 10,300 RPM, besides weighing only 168kg (dry), equating a 1.24 bhp per kg power-to-weight ratio.
The bike was developed with a number of high-end technical partners, including:
- Yoshimura (exhaust system).
- Öhlins (the rear shock is Öhlins TTX GP but the forks are Showa BFF with Öhlins NIX 30 internals).
- Dunlop (KR108 and KR109 slicks).
- Extreme Components (carbon airbox, carbon bodywork,GP screen, among others).
- Bonamici Racing (rearset footpegs).
- Brembo (brakes, of course).
- K&N (air filter).
- Motul (lubricants).
- DID (chain and sprockets); among others.
The GSX-R1000 Ryuyo will officially debut at the EICMA 2018 show in Milan this November. More details will be available then.