Yamaha has unveiled a new track-only R1 GYTR motorcycle.
- The Japanese marquee recently filed a new trademark filing for the R1.
- The latest generation R1 is ineligible for the road but we could see a road legal version soon, likely at the EICMA show in November.
That said, what’s new about the track-only R1?
Firstly, like the previous track-oriented R1, it is developed by Genuine Yamaha Technologies Racing (GYTR). GYTR also responsible for developing practice bikes for racers.
In addition, GYTR also sponsors GRT Yamaha WorldSBK team and the Yamaha Austria Racing Team (YART) competing in the Endurance World Championship (EWC).
According to Yamaha, the R1 GYTR features track-ready components including:
- Akrapovic Race muffler and mid-pipe system
- AIS plug set
- Engine cover set
- GYTR ECU
- Wiring harness
- PC interface cable
- GYTR ABS Emulator
- GYTR On/Off Switch
- 15/42T 520 sprockets
- GYTR R-Series 520 racing chain
- BS R11 tires
- GYTR Racing Fuel Cap
- GYTR Stainless Steel Brake Line Set
- Callipers with GYTR steel piston kit
- Brembo Z04 brake pads
- Race handlebars
- Steering stoppers
- Shark Fin Rear Sprocket Guard
- Billet Front Brake Lever Guard
- Race Rear Set with reverse shifting option
- Rear stand hooks
- R-Series Racing Rear Stand
- Complete Race Cowling Kit in primer white
- Racing screen
- GYTR Race seat
Unfortunately, the race-ready R1 GYTR can only be purchased from GYTR Pro Shops. Customers can also personalised the settings with the help of GYTR.
Also, GYTR will introduce more than 400 components developed specifically for the R1 including race parts currently used on Yamaha’s WorldSBK machine.
The GYTR Pro range includes:
- GYTR PRO Swingarm
- GYTR PRO large capacity and low gravity fuel tank
- GTTR PRO Carbon rear subframe
- GYTR PRO Triple clamp
- GYTR PRO Carbon cowling set
- GYTR Pro screen
- GYTR PRO Dashboard
- GYTR PRO Dash support
- GYTR PRO Handlebars
- GYTR PRO Handle bar switches
- GYTR PRO Marelli electronics (customised)
- GYTR PRO Airducts for brake calipers
- GYTR PRO Brake lines
- GYTR PRO Brembo wheel adaptors
- GYTR PRO Clutch
- GYTR PRO Side steering damper with bracket and clamp
- GYTR PRO MB radiator
- GYTR PRO Akrapovic system
- GYTR PRO Brake lever protector
According to Yamaha, the entire GYTR Pro range will be announced by the end of the year.