BMW Motorrad has launched the new 2021 BMW R 1250 RT with a host of different upgrades and enhancements in terms of safety, comfort, and rideability. It’s a long list of new additions to ensure that you’ll get your money’s worth when you opt for this new grand-tourer.
According to Harald Spagl, Project Manager, “We have given the R 1250 RT a new look, a comprehensive increase in standard equipment and numerous technical upgrades to achieve a whole new riding experience. As a dynamic tourer with the incomparable BMW ShiftCam engine, it also has the perfect power unit with impressive power across the entire speed range.”
Starting with firepower, the 2021 BMW R 1250 RT carries the 1,254cc boxer-twin engine with BMW’s ShiftCam technology that produces 136hp. Now Euro5-compliant, the RT is smoother and refined than ever before which is perfect for long-distance riding no matter what speed you’re travelling at. That is also paired with an improved fuel economy, which is also great for your wallet in the long run.
The list of new updates are as follows:
- Newly developed front fairing with optimised aerodynamics
- New LED headlamp as standard (adaptive turning light available as an option)
- New 10.25-inch multifunctional TFT instrument cluster
- New BMW Motorrad Full Integral ABS Pro as standard
- Three selectable riding mode (including new “Eco” mode)
- Riding Modes Pro + new engine drag torque control (MSR) options
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard
- Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” electronic suspension + fully automatic load compensation (optional)
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with extended function (optional)
- New Audio System 2.0 (optional)
- New double tone fanfare as standard (three special designs optional)
- Intelligent Emergency Call (optional) + more