MODENAS has officially introduced their latest generation 250cc sports bike that is the 2022 Ninja 250 ABS, Ninja 250 (non-ABS) and the Z250 ABS.
- rebadged from Kawasaki’s 250cc lineup.
- features the same 249cc parallel-twin DOHC, 4-valve engine.
- Ninja 250 ABS, Ninja 250 and Z250 ABS is MODENAS first range of CKD’s motorcycle.
In the world of 250cc sports bike segment which is getting more and more competitive by the day, MODENAS Ninja 250 ABS gets its design inspiration from the championship-winning Ninja ZX-10R.
Starting from the front, the Ninja 250 ABS features LED headlamps and LED tail lights.
To further elevate its big bike appeal, the same panel instrument used on the Kawasaki Ninja 650 is integrated into Kawasaki’s latest 250cc offering which includes a digital speedometer, traditional tachometer, and gear indicator for ease of riding in and out of the track.
Powered by a 249cc, twin-cylinder, eight-valve, DOHC engine, the new MODENAS Ninja 250 ABS makes 36hp at 12,500rpm and 23Nm of maximum torque upon hitting 10,000rpm. All this power is transferred down to its rear wheel via a six-speed gearbox enhanced with Kawasaki’s assist and slipper clutch for ease of riding.
Other highlighted aspects include:
- 164kg (wet weight)
- 14-litre fuel tank
- Front 310mm single semi-floating disc brake with 2-piston caliper
- Rear 220mm single disc brake with 2-piston caliper
- 41mm telescopic front forks
Meanwhile, MODENAS also introduced the Z250 ABS that is available for a recommended selling price of RM19,500.
Similar to the Ninja 250 ABS, the Z250 ABS carries the same 249cc parallel-twin DOHC 4-valve engine that makes 36hp and 23Nm.
Other notable features include:
- LED taillight.
- LED headlight.
- Semi-digital instrument panel (meter) inspired by the Z650.
- Single front petal brake disc and petal rear brake.
- Dual-channel ABS.
- The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with assist and slipper clutch.