Round 6 of the 2017 Petronas AAM Malaysian Cub Prix belonged to race winner Kasma Daniel Kasmayudin which makes it his fourth victory this season.
This win is a definite morale boost ahead of his first 600cc Supersports wildcard appearance next week in the Idemitsu Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) in Indonesia.
Kasma leads the CP150 premiere class championship with 100 points; 17 points ahead of Ahmad Afif Amran (Petronas Sprinta Yamaha – CKJ)
The Malaysian Wonderboy quickly on the rise in the motoring world Kasma Daniel Kasmayudin (Petronas Sprinta Yamaha Maju Motor) has taken his fourth victory in Round 6 of the 2017 Petronas AAM Malaysian Cub Prix. This fourth win out of six races is indeed a welcomed morale boost for the young rider who will be making his 600cc Supersports debut this coming weekend.
As stated above, Kasma will be heading to Indonesia as a wildcard entry in the SuperSports 600cc class of the Idemitsu Asia Road Racing Championship the following weekend.
The Petronas Sprinta Yamaha Maju rider clocked 17’18.875s, and crossed the finish line with a four-second margin ahead of second placed team mate, Mohd Ramdan Rosli. Petronas Sprinta Yamaha-CKJ’s Ahmad Afif Amran rounded up an all-green top three with 17’22.664s.
“It took me quite a few laps to shake off the chasing group. The rest of the field had definitely improved by now and I was eager to carve out some daylight between my position with the second group. Luckily, they were soon embroiled with fighting for P2, leaving a clear run for me to the finish line,” said Kasma regarding the race.
This win puts him in the lead of this year’s championship of the premiere CP150 class with 100 points; 17 points clear of second place sitter, Ahmad Afif Amran.
Final Race Results – CP150
- Kasma Daniel Kasmayudin (JHR) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha Maju Motor 17:18.875s
- Md Ramdan Rosli (SGR) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha Maju Motor 17:22.579s
- Ahmad Afif Amran (TRG) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha – CKJ 17:22.664s
- Md Fitri Ashraff Razali (SGR) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha – CKJ 17:23.210s
- Md Azhar Abd Jalil (SGR) Motul Zeneos Yamaha YY Pang Racing 17:27.281s
CP115 – Azroy Hakeem Anuar emerged as Champion of Round 6
Azroy Hakeem Anuar survived a spill and a red flag to clinch his second consecutive win of the season. The lucky GiVi Honda Yuzy Racing rider had originally crashed out on Lap 3, but his campaign in Melaka was saved by a red flag brought out by an unrelated incident elsewhere on the track.
When the race continued, Azroy was able to get back on the grid and went on to score a win with a time of 12’36.249s. Ahmad Syukran of PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha-CKJ and Tengku Amirul Haffirudin of team Motul Zeneos Yamaha YY Pang finished second and third respectively.
Final Race Results – CP115
- Azroy Hakeem Anuar (KUL) GiVi Honda Yuzy Racing Team 12:36.249s
- Ahmad Syukran Aizat (TRG) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha – CKJ 12:38.581s
- Tengku Amirul Haffirudin (TRG) Motul Zeneos Yamaha YY Pang Racing 12:42.460s
- Md Fareez Afeez (JHR) Motul Zeneos Yamaha YY Pang Racing 12:43.263s
- Md Haziq Md Fairues (SGR) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha Maju Motor 12:46.821s
WIRA – Mohd Syafieq Aiman takes maiden win
After two consecutive podium finishes in Rounds 4 and 5, Mohd Syafieq Aiman of team Elf Koyoko KC Racing finally netted his first win with a time of 10’52.455s. Privateer rider Mohd Izam Ikmal Izamli was equally impressive when he finished second with 10’52.577s. Team PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha-AFB Tech’s Mohd Danial Syahmi crossed the finish line in third place.
WIRA – Final Race Results
- Md Syafieq Aiman (JHR) Elf Koyoko KC Racing Team 10:52.455s
- Md Izam Ikmal Izamli (KUL) Privateer 10:52.577s
- Md Danial Syahmi (PRK) PETRONAS Sprinta Yamaha – AfB Tech 10:59.774s
- Md Faiz Zekri Sabri (PNG) TKKR Racing Team 10:59.930s
- Md Syarifuddin Azman (SGR) Idemitsu Kozi Yam Honda Racing 11:00.561s
The next round of the 2017 Petronas AAM Malaysian Cub Prix will be heading to Kelantan for Round 7 on the 8 and 9 September 2017.
Source: Malaysian Cub Prix