KTM Malaysia has launched the 2019 KTM Off-Road Range.
The range consists of SX-F motocross and EXC enduro models.
The bikes are priced from RM 38,500 and up.
KTM Malaysia has announced and presented their 2019 Off-road range.
After revolutionizing the off-road motorcycle scene with in 2016, KTM is back with a more powerful, stronger, lighter, nimbler and innovative 2019 line-up to raise the bar even higher.
2019 KTM SX and SX-F RANGE
At the hearts of the new motocross- and supercross-ready SX and SX-F ranges are the potent two-stroke and four-stroke engines derived from the already powerful 2017 model. However, KTM did not just concentrate on the engines, instead almost every aspect of the new bikes was revised to delivery packages that simply walks away from the competition.
- The two-stroke engines in the 125 SX, 150 SX and 250 SX are all equipped with new cylinders, that incorporate new power valves. The power valve combines seamlessly with the lateral exhaust port mechanism to deliver a seamless powerband throughout the engine’s RPM range.
- The 125 SX, 150 SX, 250 SX-F and 350 SX-F receive a new diaphragm steel (DS) clutch which was developed specifically for off-road riding. Instead of traditional coil springs, a steel plate forms a diaphragm spring. KTM claims the DS is more reliable and requires less effort at the lever.
- The clutch basket is one-piece with perforations on the back to reduce weight. Apart from that, the primary gear made from high-strength steel billet to ensure bulletproof reliability. The friction discs are extremely heat-resistant and pre-tensioned by the diaphragm spring.
- These changes reduced weight by 190g over normal clutch.
- Reliable and Gearbox made by drivetrain specialists Pankl.
- The class-ruling 450 SX-F’s engine, on the other hand, receives a new SOHC (single overhead camshaft) cylinder head that is 15mm lower, more compact and 500g lighter. Rigid rocker arms activate four lightweight titanium valves. The intake rocker arms are coated with DLC (diamond-like coating) material. The chain guides are also now low friction items. Together, these improvements yield an impressive 11,500 RPM peak engine speed.
- A new Keihin EMS (Engine Management System) with 44mm throttle delivers fuel to the uniquely-placed fuel injector. This set up promotes optimal atomization of the fuel/air mixture for quicker combustion and enhancing throttle response as well as power delivery.
- A new frame is also to enhance handling. The new frame consists of hydroformed chromium molybdenum steel tubes that are precision welded by robots. It is tuned for specific flex characteristics to enhance handling, high-speed stability and comfort. It now has a 40mm longer subframe to provide rearward stability to the rider.
- Riders and pundits alike swooned over the WP AER forks on the previous bike but they have been improved even further to feature new damping settings. Furthermore, the forks are now clamped in new CNC machined triple clamps that has a stiffer top clamp to mate perfectly to the characteristics of the new frame.
- A new 5mm longer swingarm for better straightline stability.
- A new CFD (computational fluid dynamics) designed cooling system has also been developed for the 2019 SX models. There are also new protectors to brace against impact and flying debris around the radiators. The radiators have lower centre of gravity.
- The seat’s ergonomics has also been revised with silicone strips for more grip (previously available on PowerParts seat only) to provide easy movement for the rider.
- Lithium-ion battery for improved starting, lower-weight and long-lasting lifespan.
- New fuel pump routing for optimised internal routing.
- The benchmarks for performance, playful handling, lowest weight of 100kg were achieved.
2019 KTM XC-W, EXC, EXC-F and EXC-F SIX DAYS RANGE
KTM offers no less than seven models in this range for enduro racers and trail riders alike, from the lightweight 125 XC-W to the ground-breaking 300 EXC TPI two-stroke, from the agile 250 EXC-F to the extremely powerful 500 EXC-F; besides the Six Days Edition consisting of the 250 EXC TPI Six, 250 EXC-F and 450 EXC-F.
- KTM rewrote the rules when the 250 EXC TPI and 300 EXC TPI two-strokes were introduced. The TPI (Transfer Port Induction) engine has its fuel injected directly into the transfer ports via a pair of injectors. Lubricating oil (2T) is not pre-mixed but pumped with air through the crankcase.
- Premix (2T) supply regulated electronically regulated and supplied by an oil pump.
- As two-strokes are sensitive to differences in air pressure and temperature, fuel and premix supply are compensated for automatically by the ECU.
- KTM’s TPI engines are not only more powerful than their peers due to the technology but also less polluting than traditional two-strokes.
- The 450 EXC-F and 500 EXC-F engines, on the other hand, are fuel-injected, and with single overhead camshaft. The engine is the most compact 450/500cc engine on the market, yet they produce a mountain of controllable torque.
- All 2019 KTM enduro range are fitted with fully-adjustable WP suspension that was specifically developed for enduro riding and competition. The forks are the excellent WP XPLOR 48 upside-down units while the rear is a WP XPLOR PDS shock. They are tuned for damping excellence besides higher sensitivity and bottoming resistance.
- KTM now offers Optional Traction Control for the EXC-F range which can be activated on-the-fly. The package is included on all Six Days models.
- All 2019 enduro line-up will feature new, bolder graphics as a statement to KTM’s READY TO RACE spirit.
KTM Malaysia is bring in only select models from the 2019 Off-road Range. They are priced at (RM):
- 250 SX-F priced from RM 38,500.00
- 250 EXC TPI RM 39,000.00
- 250 EXC TPI Six Days RM 42,500.00
- 250 EXC-F RM 44,000.00
- 250 EXC-F Six Days RM 48,500.00
- 300 EXC TPI RM 43,500.00
- 300 EXC TPI Six Days 48,000.00
- 350 EXC-F RM 45,000.00
- 350 EXC-F Six Days RM 49,500
- 450 EXC-F RM 46,000.00
- 450 EXC-F Six Days RM 50,500.00
Please follow KTM Malaysia’s official Facebook page for more information.