BMW Motorrad launched five new models today, the 2021 BMW R 18 Classic Edition and four new updated models of the 2021 BMW R nineT. The four models are the standard R nineT, R nineT Pure, R nineT Scrambler, and the R nineT Urban G/S.
Some technical modifications as well as extended range for standard and optional equipment are introduced to ensure that owners get more money for the bike’s worth as well as complying with the Euro5 emissions regulations.
All four models carry the same 1,170cc boxer-twin air/oil-cooled engine from the previous-gen models with the exception of new cylinder heads and tuned to meet with the Euro5 requirements. Power output is dropped to by only 1hp to 109hp at 7,250rpm but the torque has been retained at 116Nm at 6,000rpm.
The result is a heritage bike that delivers better torque mid-range, which is where the R nineT thrives in excellence. Talking about the new cylinder heads, they provide a more ‘harmonious transition from the outer to the inner cooling fins’ that match well with newly-designed throttle valve parts and cylinder head covers.
Other highlights of the 2021 R nineT models are:
- ABS Pro with DBC (Dynamic Brake Control)
- New suspension strut with travel-dependent damping (WAD)
- Hand wheel for adjusting the spring preload on the shock absorber
- Riding modes “Rain” and “Road”
- Classically designed circular instrument with new dial
- White LED indicators
- LED headlights (daytime running light & parking light included as standard)
- USB charging socket + more
The latest additions to the BMW Motorrad Heritage line-up come with a host of new options to further customise the bike according to your taste. These include Riding Modes Pro, Comfort Package, Option 719 range (wheels, milled part packages, etc), and many more.