Boon Siew Honda has launched the 2019 Honda PCX Hybrid, 2019 Honda Forza 300, 2019 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.
The launch was at the 2018 Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow (KLIMS).
The bikes are part of BSH’s pledge to introduce 12 new models in 2018.
They are among the bikes we’ve waited a long time for but they are finally here. That’s right: Boon Siew Honda launched the 2019 Honda PCX Electric, 2019 Honda Forza 300 and 2019 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade. The launch was at the 2018 Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow (KLIMS), in the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC).
2019 HONDA PCX HBRID
Launched at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show alongside its EV (electric vehicle) sibling, Honda Japan had planned to market it around Asia this year. The prospect of having a hybrid motorcycle from a major manufacturer is thus exciting. We reported on its initial launch in 2017.
- Powered by a 150cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder petrol engine.
- The engine is mated to an electric motor.
- The motor is assisted by a high-output Lithium-ion battery, in turn.
- Besides that, the motor assist system is coupled to an ACG starter.
- The petrol engine delivers 14.5 bhp (10.8 kW) at 8,500 RPM and 13.6 Nm of torque at 6,500 RPM.
- On the other hand, the electric motor produces 1.9 bhp (1.4 kW) at 3,000 RPM and 4.3 Nm at 3,000 RPM.
- The Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) and Idling Stop System (ISS) features provide additional fuel economy.
- The 2019 PCX Hybrid features 3 riding modes: Drive (D), Sport (S), Idling OFF (deactivates ISS and maintains D mode power level).
- Other features are Combined Braking System (CBS), Honda SMART KEY, full-LED lighting, fully digital console, DC socket for charging devices, large underseat compartment, 8-litre fuel tank.
- Only the Pearl Dark Night Blue colour option is available at the moment.
BSH prices it at RM 13,499 (retail selling price exclusive of road tax, insurance, registration fee).
2019 HONDA FORZA 300
The Forza 300 has been Honda’s best-selling maxi scooter in Europe for many years running now. The 2019 model has a new, more aggressive styling with a number of convenient features.
- Its 279cc, four-valve, SOHC, water-cooled engine produces 24.8 bhp (18.5 kW) at 7,000 RPM and 27.2 Nm of torque at 5,750 RPM.
- 31 km/L fuel consumption.
- 11.5-litre fuel tank.
- 12 kg lighter than the 2015 model.
- Wheelbase is 35mm shorter at 1510mm.
- First Honda automatic scooter to feature Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) – equivalent to traction control.
- LCD screen with analogue gauges.
- ABS is standard.
- Honda SMART KEY.
- Underseat storage space for two full-faced helmets.
- 12V charging socket.
- Electrically adjustable windscreen.
- All-around LED lighting.
- The 2019 Forza 300 is available in Pearl Horizon White, Sword Silver Metallic, Asteroid Black Metallic.
BSH prices it from RM 30,999.00 (retail selling price exclusive of road tax, insurance, registration fee).
2019 HONDA CBR1000RR FIREBLADE
The “Fireblade” stands for low weight hence higher power-to-weight ratio since the introduction of the groundbreaking CBR900RR in 1992. Honda says the new CBR1000RR was inspired by the “Next Stage Total Control” concept.
- The 998cc, DOHC, 16-valve, inline-Four engine produces 189 bhp (141 kW) at 13,000 RPM and 114 Nm of torque at 11,000 RPM.
- Harnessing that power are Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), Selectable Engine Braking (SEB), ABS, Power Selector, and optional quickshifter with Downshift Assist.
- A 3-mode Riding Mode Select System (RMSS) combines with HSTC, SEB and engine power.
- Mode 1 is for track use, Mode 2 is for winding roads, and Mode 3 for street riding.
- There are also 2 rider-customizable modes.
- It is available in Grand Prix Red and Matt Ballistic Black Metallic.
Boon Siew Honda prices the 2019 CBR1000RR Fireblade from RM 91,999.00 (retail selling price exclusive of road tax, insurance, registration fee).