The ARCH KRGT-1 isn’t the usual custom power cruiser.
The new bike features 20 major changes and 150 newly-designed components.
Power is supplied by a 124 cubic inch (2032 cc) V-Twin.
ARCH Motorcycle Company was co-founded by Keanu Reeves.
First and foremost, California-based ARCH Motorcycle was co-founded by Gard Hollinger and Keanu Reeves.
Yes, Keanu Reeves a.k.a. John Wick a.k.a. Neo.
What’s different about ARCH Motorcycle and the ARCH KRGT-1 is that each bike is tailored to the ergonomic and aesthetic wishes of each customer in close partnership throughout a 90-day process.
But that’s just part of the the bike’s appeal. It’s a power cruiser that’s created to charge, brake and steer.
The new KRGT-1 includes 20 major changes and more than 150 newly-designed and manufactured components. The changes include a redesigned bodywork, upgraded suspension, ergonomic enhancements, updated brake components and safety features.
Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Substituting guns, lots of guns, the real firepower comes from 124 good ol’ American cubic inches.
- To us cubic centimetre devotees, that’s 2032 cc, courtesy of the ARCH X S&S V-Twin engine.
- It started as an S&S block but was custom-engineered by ARCH to feature an in-house designed downdraft induction and proprietary K&N filter.
- The ARCH 2-into-1 stainless steel header and exhaust ends with a Yoshimura silencer.
- The engine is EPA (Environmental Agency) and CARB (California Air Resources Board) certified.
- It’s a cliché to say a powerful bike that couldn’t handle makes for a good artificial reef, but not the KRGT-1.
- Race-inspired aluminium swingarm manufactured from billet — increases rigidity and reducing unsprung weight for better handling.
- The frame utilises billet aluminium side plates where the updated swingarm pivot and engine isolation mounts are attached.
- The rear suspension uses a fully-adjustable Öhlins shock which was made specifically for ARCH.
- The front suspension consists of 48 mm Öhlins NIX cartridge forks. (Öhlins developed the NIX technology for World Superbike and World Supersport racing.)
- The forks are held by new billet aluminium aluminium triple clamps.
- The KRGT-1 uses ISR 6-piston monobloc front brake calipers.
- The diameter of the pistons were increased for even better stopping power and feel.
- ARCH worked directly with Bosch to develop the dual-channel ABS.
- Redesigned fuel tank, tail section and seat to increase rider comfort.
- The billet aluminium fuel tank has a 19 litre capacity.
- Base of the seat is composite.
- Redesigned, reshaped and resized cowling (flyscreen) to reduce wind buffeting.
- Also to accommodate a new instrument panel.
- It also complements the new J.W. Speaker Adaptive 2 headlamp.
- Front and rear mudguards are carbon fibre.
- Updated hand and foot controls, using Magura clutch and front brake levers.
- Black Tek (BST) five-spoke carbon fibre wheels.
- Michelin Commander II tyres — 120/70ZR19 front, 240/40ZR 18 rear.
“The KRGT-1 was originally designed to realize the potential and push the boundaries of what an American V-twin motorcycle could offer,” says ARCH Motorcycle co-founder Gard Hollinger. “Our new KRGT-1 stays true to the original objective while further developing and refining the motorcycle’s design and performance elements to enhance the overall riding experience.”
“The new KRGT-1 delivers on ARCH Motorcycle’s ambition: a beautiful and extraordinary machine that handles like no other motorcycle. Through the curves, down the straights, planted, confident, comfortable, it’s an unsurpassed riding experience,” says ARCH Motorcycle co-founder Keanu Reeves. “The focus on fit and finish, the detail, the execution, the exceptional quality, how the bike is made defines ARCH.”
In short, the ARCH KRGT-1 isn’t just a run-of-the-mill custom motorcycle. It’s a unique machine that oozes appeal and desirability.
No, we don’t think every purchase includes a puppy. (Sorry, we couldn’t help it.)
Please visit ARCH Motorcycle Company’s website for more details.