Time for another update to the 2019 Aprilia V4 line-up.
The Tuono V4 1100 Factory will receive a new Öhlins electronic suspension.
The RSV4 RR receives cosmetic changes.
The manic Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 and hairy-chested RSV4 will receive a number of mid-life updates in 2019.
The pair of models form the backbone of Aprilia’s model line-up the Noale-based manufacturer needs to update them often to stave off assaults from other manufacturers.
2019 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
The Tuono is already eight years old but is still a fierce streetfighter thanks to constant updates and Aprilia takes it up another notch for 2019.
- The Tuono V4 1100 Factory version will receive the Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 semi-active suspension.
- You may have heard of the suspension before, because it is the same system found on the Ducati Panigale V4S.
- It works in conjunction with the IMU (Inertia Measurement Unit) and ECU to provide optimum suspension performance based on data regarding the brakes, lean angle, throttle position.
- The data is used to constantly alter its damping to adjust to the rider’s riding style and road conditions.
- Besides that, it also adjusts the steering damper and get this: The rider can set it through the switches on the handlebar and displayed on the TFT screen.
- It can also be switched to manual mode allowing the rider to choose among Road, Sport, and Track modes.
- The change of suspension will also provide extra travel to the forks, now up to 125mm from 117mm.
2019 Aprilia RSV4
2019 will see only cosmetic changes to the line-up.
- The addition of “Rivazza Grey” and “Arrabiata Black” paintworks for the RSV4 RR.
- Both colour options will include red wheels.
- The RSV4 RR will also receive magnesium engine covers, oil sump and cam covers but not including the Öhlins suspension.