Hong Leong Yamaha Motor launched the 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT sport-tourer today.
It is an evolution of the “standard” MT-09/Tracer 900 and with many revisions.
Its GT name reflects the Gran Turismo spirit of a performance tourer, which carries its rider over long distances in speed and comfort.
Finally! The 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT was launched by Hong Leong Yamaha Motor today.
After months of waiting the middleweight sport-tourer, three-cylinder Tracer 900 GT is here. The bike is the next step in the evolution of the Yamaha Tracer 900, and it carries more features over the “standard” Tracer. As the GT (Gran Turismo) name suggests, Yamaha promises the bike to carry the rider over long distances with more comfort while at speed.
But the GT is not just a kitted-out standard Tracer 900. Instead, Yamaha has carried many revisions to arrive at the GT.
- 847cc, inline-three-cylinder, crossplane crankshaft, engine.
- The engine produces 115 bhp at 10,000 RPM, 87.5 Nm at 8,500 RPM.
- Quick Shift system.
- Adjustable windscreen.
- Cruise Control system.
- New Thin Film Transistor (TFT) instrument display (no more “TV screen” from the old Super Tenere).
- Fully-adjustable front suspension.
- Adjustable rear shock absorber with new remote preload adjuster.
- YCC-T Yamaha Computer Controlled Throttle (ride-by-wire throttle).
- D-Mode ride modes with integrated Traction Control System (TCS) and ABS.
- 60mm longer swingarm to keep more weight over the front wheel.
- 30mm longer passenger footpegs for more comfort.
- Narrower handlebar.
- Comfort seats.
- Full-LED lighting all-around.
The 2019 Yamaha Tracer GT is priced at RM 58,888 (basic selling price with SST but not on-the-road). Its competitive pricing will place it as a serious contender of the Malaysian middleweight sport-touring market.
The bike was launched at HLYM’s annual Dealer Conference in Genting Highlands. Keep following us today as HLYM will also launch the 2019 YZF-R25 tonight.