Aprilia Malaysia unveiled the 2019 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory at their booth at the 2019 Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix today.
The Tuono V4 1100 has a firm standing in the supernaked segment.
The engine punches out 175 bhp and 121 Nm of torque.
As promised, Aprilia Malaysia unveiled the 2019 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory at their booth at the 2019 Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix today.
The Aprilia Tuono has always basked in the reputation as one of the original supernaked sportbike. In fact, a new name has been coined, called “hypernaked.” It provides pure 4-Four perfromance: Mountain-high torque, a soul-piercing V-Four soundtrack and handling that’ll make other bikes cry.
- The Tuono got bigger as the engine is derived from its RSV4 1100 brother.
- The Tuono V4 1100 Factory is the more exclusive version.
- It’s fitted with the most advanced semi-active electronic suspension from Öhlins.
- It’s not a plug-’n’-play kit, but was developed and tuned through close cooperation between Aprilia and Öhlins.
- The Smart EC 2.0 suspension system has a dedicated ECU to handle suspension functions.
- Using the OBTi (Objective Based Tuning Interface), rider can tune the suspension to how it reacts in different situations when riding.
- For example, more low-speed compression in the forks under hard braking and vice versa in the rear shock when accelerating.
- Suspension settings are calibrated via a switch on the handlebar.
- The rider can set the suspension manually, as well.
- The steering damping works in tandem with the suspension settings.
Aprilia was one of the first manufacturers to incorporate a holistic approach to traction control in their APRC (Aprilia Performance Riding Control) electronics suite. In fact, it was Aprilia who first introduced a gyro-controlled anti-wheelie and rear-wheel lift mitigation way before IMU-based technology became a common place.
For the 2019 Tuono V4 1100 Factory, it remains unchanged as Aprilia deemed that it was the best in the class, already.
Functions include Aprilia Traction Control (ATC), Aprilia Wheelie Control (AWC), Aprilia Launch Control (ALC), Aprilia Quickshift (AQS), Aprilia Pit Limiter (APL), Aprilia Cruise Control (ACC).
Of course, the bike is equipped with cornering ABS, but of the advanced multimap variety. Developed with Bosch, the 9.1MP system monitors everything from motorcycle lean angle to how much lever pressure is applied and how it is being applied, to determine the best braking solution even when cranked gruesomely over into a corner. The Cornering ABS function also works in tandem with the selected ride mode.
Now over to the engine. As in engine power.
- Only naked powered by a 65-degree V-Four engine.
- The 65-degree Vee-angle was chosen for its compactness.
- Exhaust system with exhaust valve and two oxygen sensors.
- DLC (Diamond-like Coating) treatment for cylinder walls.
- The engine displaces 1077cc and creates arm-yanking 175 bhp at 11,000 RPM and 121 Nm of torque.
There are much more to the 2019 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory that will take an entire article to explore. You can view the bike at Aprilia Malaysia’s booth at SIC.
The bike is priced from RM 119,900.