Zontes Malaysia launched the Zontes ZT310-T, Zontes ZT310-R, Zontes ZT310-X and Zontes ZT310-X GP.
They are priced from RM
The manufacturer offers motorcycle high in innovation, latest technologies and top-notch performance at affordable prices.
After weeks of waiting, Zontes Malaysia lauched the new Zontes ZT310-T, Zontes ZT310-R, Zontes ZT310-X and Zontes ZT310-X GP.
As the names suggest, they are the latest entry into the country’s lightweight segment.
The maker knows that lightweight motorcycles are more accessible i.e. easier to ride and more affordable to a wider range of riders. However they also know that buyers demand motorcycles that are loaded with performance, innovation, technology, styling, quality, comfort, accessibility and practicality, but at competitive prices.
In all honesty, none of the pictures in the manufacturer’s website and those published here could reflect on the amazing high quality of the bikes. The welds on the frame, casting of the engine parts, paint quality and finishing, joints of the panels, material and finishing of every single component right down to the fasteners (bolts, nut, screws), the feel of the seat and handlebar, levers oozes the kind of quality to rival that of that European and Japanese manufacturers.
Really, no one could tell that the motorcycles are the “typical Chinese” motorcycle. Do make your way to Zontes Malaysia’s authorised dealers to check them out.
Anyway, here are here are ten quick facts about the Zontes:
1. What’s different about Zontes motorcycles?
The biggest difference is the amount of features loaded into the brand’s motorcycles. These features are usually only available on big bikes. Smaller motorcycles may have one or two of these features, but not all in one motorcycle.
2. So, what are these features?
The highlights are:
- Futuristic, bold, unparalleled and unique styling.
- Electrically adjustable windscreen (for the 310-T and 310-X).
- Fully digital LCD display.
- LED lighting for the running light, headlight, taillight and signal lights.
- Smart lithium-ion battery ensure quick starting and reduces weight.
- Dual-channel Bosch 9.1M ABS module (disengageable).
- Two power modes: “E” for economy and “S” for Sport
- Upside-down forks.
- Nitrogen-filled monoshock rear suspension.
- One-piece cast aluminium swingarm.
- Lightweight aluminium allow wheels.
- The high strength steel tube frame is utilized as the oil cooler.
- Delphi fuel-injection management.
- Dry sump engine lubrication.
- Aluminium engine block for optimal cooling.
- Fuel tank with galvanized liner to prohibit corrosion and blocked fuel system.
- Anti-scald exhaust silencers. The silencers are not hot even after riding.
- Electrically-controlled fuel filler cover.
- Electrically-controlled seat lock.
- USB charging port.
- Keyless Control System for secure and ease of locking and unlocking the motorcycle.
- Rear luggage rack.
3. Are all four models based on the same platform?
Yes, all four models are based on one engine, frame and chassis platform. Being so makes means parts should be easily available.
4. Tell us more about the Zontes ZT310-T
The ZT310-T is an adventure (ADV) motorcycle. It may look like a CTRL+C – CTRL+V job of the BMW R 1200 RT but look closer and you’ll spot many differences.
Distinguishing features include a large motorized windscreen, handguards, high-level mudguard and crash protection bars.
It is priced at RM 22,800 (basic selling price without road tax, insurance and number plates).
Zontes Malaysia is offering the first batch of ZT310-T with exclusive top box and panniers.
5. Tell us more about the Zontes ZT310-R
The ZT310-R is the naked sportbike in the ZT310 line-up.
Zontes knows that a naked sportbike needs to be have bold and extrovert styling. The most distinguishing features are the aggressive headlamp, taillamp and belly pan. The headlight combined with the radiator shroud give the impression of a robot out of the movie “Real Steel.” On the other hand, the taillamps are mounted flush in the tailsection, giving the bike a distinctive and aggressive appearance.
It is priced at RM 19,800 (basic selling price without road tax, insurance and number plates).
6. Tell us more about the Zontes ZT310-X
The ZT310-X is a sport-tourer. As such it needs a windscreen and fairing to shield the rider from the windblast and elements. A tall handlebar gives the rider a natural and comfortable riding position on those long rides.
It is priced at RM 20,800, while the ZT310-X GP is priced at RM 21,600 (basic selling prices without road tax, insurance and number plates),
7. Who and where is Zontes produced?
The Zontes is one of the brands produced by Guangdong Tayo Motorcycle Technology Co., Ltd. in China.
8. What is Zontes Malaysia’s mission
The official Malaysian distributor assured us that they will expand their dealer throughout the country, not only to sell the bikes but also to provide the best possible aftersales service.
9. Tell us more about the company
The company is a Sino-foreign joint venture and was founded in 2003 with a total investment of RM 1.6 billion (RMB 2.6 billion). Its facilities cover 400,000 square metres (40 hectres). Guangdong Tayo employs some 1,600 staff, with 60% of them holding college degrees and higher. The pillar of the manufacturer is innovation and quality. The company holds 256 patents for styling, 36 patents for innovation and 121 patents for utility models.
10. Are the motorcycles sold in other countries apart from China and Malaysia?
Yes, they are also sold in the UK and a number of European countries, South America, South Africa.