Zontes Malaysia confirmed launching four new models on 27thFebruary.
They are the ZT310-T, ZT310-R, ZT310-X and ZT310-X GP.
All four are lightweight but fully equipped with big bike features.
We published an article earlier about the possibility of Zontes making its way to Malaysia. It’s now confirmed.
The new distributor ZONTES MALAYSIA is set to launch four new models on 27thFebruary 2019. The media launch event will be held in Subang, Selangor.
The four models are ZT310-T, ZT310-R, ZT310-X and ZT310-X GP. Details are unavailable at the moment, save for those on the Zontes website. But as almost all motorcycle manufacturers, all four models are built on a single platform.
Basic technical specifications:
- 312cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine.
- The engine produces 35 bhp at 9,500 RPM and 30 Nm of torque at 7,500 RPM.
- Fuel injection management is handled by Delphi, the same folks who supply to Harley-Davidson, among others.
- The frame uses steel tubes.
- Front suspension consists of upside-down forks, while there is a monoshock at the back.
- The ABS system is supplied by Bosch.
- All-around LED lighting.
- Electrically-adjustable windscreen (for models with windscreen).
Let’s take a look at the variants:
The ZT310-T appears to be an adventure-tourer, equipped with a high handlebar and large windscreen. It also appears to be readily fitted with crash protection bars around the front portion. There is also a large luggage rack at the rear.
The ZT310-R is a naked sportbike. Although it looks like a rip-off of the Kawasaki Z900 and Suzuki GSX-S750/GSX-S1000 at first glance, it should appear with its own distinctive features. The most notable feature is the “clean” tailsection. The taillight and turn signals are flush in the tail.
The ZT310-X is unmistakably a fully-faired sport-tourer. The handlebar is placed high on top of risers and there is an electrically-adjustable windscreen. It appears sportier with the “stepped” seat which the rider sits low and the passenger higher up.
Zontes ZT310-X GP
This model isn’t listed in the Zontes website. We could only guess that it’s the sportier variant of the X. We’ll find out during the launch.
Stay tuned as we bring you the launch of Zontes. The brand may well shake up the sub-350cc class.