The 2019 Triumph Thruxton TFC breaks cover.
It also kickstarts the Triumph Factory Custom (TFC) range.
The Thruxton TFC is not just a repainted Thruxton R.
Triumph Motorcycles have launched the eye-popping and stunning 2019 Triumph Thruxton TFC. In doing so, Triumph formally launched their Triumph Factory Custom range at the same time.
The Thruxton TFC prototype was spotted undergoing road tests just earlier this month. But here it is, ready to turn heads and melt the toughest moto-hearts like diamonds to ladies.
At the same time, the Triumph Factory Custom creates custom bikes without the owners voiding warranties, having the bike butchered, spaghetti-bowl wiring, and ending up with impractical and unrideable Frankensteins. It means TFC bikes will hold their values, if not appreciate.
- Carbon fibre racing “bubble” cowl, front fender, seat cowl, heel guards and exhaust silencer.
- Details included billet top triple clamp, tinted windscreen, leather seat with stitching, billet oil filler cap.
- LED headlight and taillight.
- Blacked out colour scheme with gold pinstriping. (Remember JPS, anyone?)
- Triumph didn’t just take a standard Thruxton R and repaint it, instead, the Thruxton TFC features a whole list of upgrades.
- Lighter engine components, high compression pistons, revised ports, higher profile cams, Vance & Hines silencer add 9.8 bhp to 105 bhp. Torque is up at 115 Nm.
- Weight is dropped to 198 kg with the carbon fibre bodywork, besides the revised engine internals.
- Additional weight loss came from the aluminium engine cradle rails, removal of the rear mudguard, and lighter battery.
- Fully-adjustableÖhlins NIX30 forks, an upgrade from the Showa BFF.
- Adjustable Öhlins piggyback rear shocks.
- Brembo M4.34 Monobloc brake calipers.
- Updated ride modes, traction control and ABS.
- Metzeler Racetec RR tyres.
- Only 750 will ever be built. Each bike is individually numbered.
- TFC handover pack and certificate signed by CEO Nick Bloor.
- Personalised custom build book.
- TFC motorcycle cover.
We can’t wait to see the bike when it arrives at Triumph Motorcycles Malaysia! The “standard” Thruxton R is already the best cafe racer we’ve had the pleasure to test, so we can’t imagine how the Thruxton TFC is like!